Contact: Vice Commodore Johnny Walker
email@example.com or 479-530-3470
The Basic Rules of Sailboat Racing
Fundamentals: Help anyone in danger, and avoid collisions whenever possible.
1. Opposite Tacks: Starboard has right of way.
2. Same Tack: Leeward or clear ahead have right of way.
3. Changing Tacks: Boats tacking or jibing keep clear.
4. Limits: Right-of-way boats changing course or when gaining right of way must at first give others room to keep clear.
5. Giving room: Except at a starting mark surrounded by navigable water, outside boats must give room to those inside at a mark or obstruction.
6. At windward marks, Rule 1 (not Rule 5) applies to boats beating on opposite tacks.